Transforming Your Property
• The client needed a front yard parking pad as there is seldom permit parking spots left on the street when they arrive home at the end of the day.
• The challenge, as always with front yard parking in the City of Toronto, is designing something functional and aesthetic while meeting the very restrictive rules that the city has governing front yard parking pads and the fact that we can’t put a walkway in sometimes otherwise it puts us over on soft landscaping.
• The existing front steps were an older style with poured concrete “wings”. The client wanted these changed to match the new landscape materials.
• Client also wanted to face the existing concrete slab on the porch.
• We chose a modern style for this curb appeal makeover.
• Permacon Melville Tandem wall with a smooth face was chosen for the walls and steps. We even used the veneer unit for the riser of the new porch steps.
• All the copings and tread pieces used were the same – Banas Kota Black to give a cohesive look to the design.
• Overall a great makeover was achieved for this City front yard – both functional and beautiful to look at.